Mar 7, 2011

MY QUEST TO BE AN AUTHOR

What does it take for you to be an author? I thought you had to write your thoughts down on a piece of paper,and that was it. No I guess it’s not,it’s more to that than meets the eye. I started off by putting what I thought would be a good book on paper,so I started typing my heart out I was so getting into the characters that at one point I thought I became part of the scene as if in a movie.



The characters became so alive to me that it got interesting creating them. At one point I stop to find a publisher so

when I finished I could just summit my manuscript. Easy said than done the first thing I did was to get an account with a social site,and started looking for my favorite authors. I mean who could help me out better than my favorite authors. I mean after all I read their books. Lets just say that wasn’t the case.



First off I thought if I told them I was writing a book I thought they would jump at the chance.In giving me some info on where I can publish my manuscript.Oh! That wasn’t the case you can’t just up an say you want your manuscript published. And, then they give you thousands upon thousands of publishers for you.It just a frustrating process you have to go through to become a accomplish author.



There should be a legitimate book on how you should publish your manuscript,and steps you can take to avoid the strenuous task of looking for a reasonable publisher. I say reasonable because I was reasonable duped out some money. It was the type where you put money down an pay installments.



Suffice to say I literally had to threaten to sue them in order to get my money back. Now I’m bit leary of these so call publishing companies.That want you to summit your money before they look at your manuscript.



So what is an aspiring author to do? At times you just feel like giving up. Because your being pulled in so many directions that you don’t know which way to go. But, I say to my self I’m going to keep on writing. Eventually a publishing company out there will want to publish my work. Until then I will continue to write in my manuscript.

©12/2010 F.a.ELLIS aspiring author/poet
All Rights Reserved byF.a.Ellis

No comments: